Set Extra Earners to earn additional money (PLUS feature)
An extra earner lets you set chores your kids can do to earn a set amount (money or stars).
To add an Extra Earner:
- Click on the Chores icon in the top right corner of your child's dashboard (mop and bucket icon)
- Tap the Plus (+) icon in the bottom right corner
- You can select a suggested chore from the list or create your own
- On the details screen, tap the dropdown box titled ‘Must be done to get allowance’ and select the ‘Extra earner’ option
From this screen you can also edit the following options:
1. Edit the chore name, image and notes
- Tap anywhere in the box showing the chore image and name to edit the chore name, image or notes.
- Tap the ‘Done’ button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes
2. Choose the schedule for the chore
- By default the chore will be set for ‘No specific day’ which means it can be completed as a one-off chore which can be done on any day. Once the chore has been completed, it will not show up on your child’s “to do” list again unless you re-add it as a new chore.
- If you tap on the drop down box you will see some other scheduling options:
- Repeat daily: The chore will repeat every day. However, you will only see today’s instance of the chore in the “to do” list at any one time. Once you mark the chore as complete, it will move into the “done” list. The next day’s chore will not show on your child’s list until tomorrow.
- Repeat weekly: The chore will repeat every week, on the days that you choose. However, you will only see the next instance of the chore in the “to do” list. For example, if you set a chore to repeat on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. When you look at the chores list on a Monday, you will only see Tuesday’s instance of the chore. Once Tuesday’s instance has been marked as completed, you will then see Thursday’s instance.
- Repeat monthly: The chore will repeat every month on the date that you choose.It will not appear in the app until you’re in the same Monday - Sunday period as when the chore is due. For example, if you set a new chore on the 1st of the month that’s due on the 12th of the month, you won’t see the chore until you’re in the second week of the month.
- Set a due date: here you can set a specific date for the chore to be completed. This will make it a one off chore that does not repeat. It will not appear in the app until you’re in the same Monday - Sunday period as when the chore is due. For example, if you set a new chore on the 1st of the month that’s due on the 12th of the month, you won’t see the chore until you’re in the second week of the month.
3. Assigning the chore to multiple children
- At the bottom of the page you will see the names and avatars of your children. The child whose chores list you are on will automatically be selected. Tap on another child to also assign the chore to them.
- Note: this will create a separate entry of this task for each child. They will not be linked, therefore the chore will show as needing to be completed by all of the children that you select.
If you are still on Chores v1
To add an Extra Job:
- Click on the Jobs icon in the top right corner of your child's dashboard (mop and bucket icon)
- From you child's Jobs dashboard, switch to the Extra jobs tab next to Allowance Jobs
- Tap the Plus (+) icon in the bottom right corner to add your Extra Job
In the Job details section, you'll have the options to:
- add the amount your child can earn for completing the job
- choose the job to be due on a certain date
- set the job as a one off
- or set to have the job repeat daily, weekly or monthly
A few things to note:
- Extra jobs work slightly differently from allowance jobs, as only one instance of the job will ever appear on your child's jobs list at a time. If you set a job to repeat daily you will see 'today's' job, but the next day it won't become overdue. Instead it will be replaced by the new day's job. This means you can't approve a job that's in the past.
- When you have approved a repeating extra job, it will disappear off your child's 'To do' for that day and re-appear the next day. As a parent it will re-appear on the list again. This is because you can make edits to Extra Jobs, such as changing its frequency, so it's kept on the list in case you want to make changes. You can view the 'Done in last 7 days' section at the bottom to see what jobs you've recently approved.
- When clicking to approve an extra job, you can adjust the job amount by using the plus and minus icons next to the job amount. This can come in handy if you want to give them a bonus, or they didn't do as great a quality job so you aren't giving them the full amount!