Adding a Chore for your child (PLUS feature)
To add a chore, click on the mop and bucket icon in the top right corner of your child's dashboard. This will take you to your child's Chores page.
Tap on the plus (+) icon in the bottom-right corner to add a new chore.
You will be presented with some Chore ideas you can quickly select, or you can 'Add your own'.
On the next screen you can edit the chore description, the schedule, the chore type and who the chore is assigned to.
1. Edit the chore name, image and notes
Tap anywhere in the box showing the chore image and name to edit the chore name, image or notes.
Tap the ‘Done’ button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
2. Choose the schedule for the chore.
By default the chore will be set for ‘No specific day’ which means it can be completed anytime. If it is an allowance chore, it will reoccur each allowance period, whereas if it is an extra earner chore, it will be a one-off.
If you tap on this drop down box you will see some other scheduling options:
- This chore will repeat: here you can choose to repeat the chore daily, weekly (on specific days) or monthly (on specific dates).
- Set a due date: here you can set a specific date for the chore to be completed. This will make it a one off chore that doesn’t repeat.
3. Set the type of chore.
- Must be done to get allowance: this chore will be tied to the regular allowance and impact how much allowance is given (depending on your chore settings).
- Extra earner: you will set an amount to be paid for the completion of this chore. Once you approve the chore that amount will be paid immediately.
4. Assign the chore to multiple children.
At the bottom of the page you will see the names and avatars of your children. The child whose chores list you are on will automatically be selected. Tap on another child to also assign the chore to them.
This will create a separate entry of this task for each child. They will not be linked, therefore the chore will show as needing to be completed by all of the children that you select.
A quick note! If you are adding a Chore for a day that has already passed in the allowance period, it won't appear until the next allowance period starts. At the top of the screen you will see the dates of this allowance period. Any chores outside of these dates will not show.
E.g. It's Thursday and Allowance gets delivered on Friday. You set a chore to repeat on Monday and Wednesday. Those chores won't appear on your child's list until Friday when the new Allowance period starts.
If you are still on Chores v1
To add a job, click on the mop and bucket icon in the top right corner of your child's dashboard. This will take you to your child's Jobs page.
Tap on 'Add an Allowance Job' (which appears when you have no jobs listed) or the Plus (+) icon in the bottom-right corner.
You will see some Job ideas you can quickly select, or you can 'Add your own'.
You can choose the Job name and add any extra notes or details for your child.
You can also set your job to repeat on selected days of the week by tapping the slider and choosing which days the job should repeat on.
A few things to note:
- If you child's allowance is set to deliver monthly, you will not have the option to repeat jobs on selected days.
- If you are adding an Allowance Job for a day that has already passed in the allowance period, it won't appear until the next allowance period starts. (e.g. It's Thursday and Allowance gets delivered on Friday and job repeats on Monday and Wednesday - those jobs won't appear on your child's list until Friday when the new Allowance period starts)
After you've added your job details, you can add a picture to add some flair to the job, even taking your own photo from around the house to make it more meaningful.
Lastly, you can choose to duplicate the job across extra children in the family by tapping on their photos.
This will create the job for them too and it will appear on their job list.
Please note: This will duplicate the job and does not act as a shared job across all children. If one child completes the job, it still exists for your other children as a job for them to complete.
Click 'Add Job' to finish creating the job.