Choose how allowance is delivered in relation to Chores completed (PLUS feature)
In Chores Settings you can decide how allowance gets delivered when your child does not complete all of their allowance chores. To set this up:
- Go to your child's Chores list.
- Tap on the Settings cog in the top right corner.
- Select your preferred Setting for how allowance gets delivered.
These are the options that you will see and what each one means:
- Give full allowance: regardless of whether your child completes their chores or not, the full allowance amount will automatically be given.
- Give a percentage for jobs done: a portion of the allowance will be awarded to your child based on the number of chores that they have completed by the end of the allowance period. The percentage of chores completed is calculated, then this percentage of allowance is given, so if your child completes 8 out of their 10 chores they will receive 80% of the allowance amount. If their allowance was £5, they would get £4. Each chore is weighted equally.
- Don't give allowance at all: if your child hasn't completed all of their chores they will not receive any allowance.
- I'll decide each time: You will be asked on allowance day to decide how much allowance you would like to give. You can pay in full, nothing, a percentage based on chores done or choose your own amount. Allowance does not get delivered until you make a decision.