Making changes to / deleting a chore (PLUS feature)
To make change to a chore or to delete a chore:
- Go to your child's Chores List
- Tap on the listed Chore you want to make a change to or delete. Note: you need to tap an instance of the chore which is either in the 'to do' or 'overdue' list
- In the top right corner you will see an 'Edit' button, tap on this to see your options.
From the next screen you can edit the following options:
- Tap the chore name at the top of the page and you can edit the name, notes and picture for the chore.
- Tap the first drop-down box to edit the schedule for the chore.
- Tap the second drop-down box to change whether the chore is an allowance chore or an extra earner chore.
- Tap your children's profile pictures to change who the chore is and isn't assigned to.
- Tap 'Delete job' at the bottom of the screen to delete the chore.
If you are still on Chores v1
To make change to a job or to delete a job:
- Go to your child's Jobs list
- Tap on the listed Job you want to make a change to or delete. Note: you need to tap an instance of the job which is not marked as approved/missed.
- In the top right corner you will see an 'Edit' button, tap on this to see your options
- From there you will see the 'Delete Job' button
There are slight differences between what you can or can't change in regards to Allowance and Extra jobs:
- Allowance Jobs: you can only change the Job title, picture and description
- Extra Jobs: on top of the above, you can change the due date and days they repeat (as these aren't linked to allowance delivery there are more edit options available)
Question: I've just created a job, but now I can't see it on my child's list. Why is that?
Answer: If you added a new job on a day that has already passed in the Allowance period, it won't appear until Allowance has been delivered and the new Allowance period has started. (e.g. It's Thursday and Allowance gets delivered on Friday and the job repeats on Monday and Wednesday - those jobs won't appear on your child's list until Friday when the new Allowance period starts)
Question: I would like to re-order my jobs, can I do this?
Answer: There isn't currently a way to re-order jobs in a list. However Jobs appear in the same order you used to add them in. So the first job you added will remain on the top of the list and any other jobs appear under each other.