Parental controls: Spending limits
As the parent you can set limits on how much your child can spend with their Rooster Card.
Please note you will need to have app version 5.3.0 or higher to be able to set these limits.
To access these settings:
- Tap 'Manage card' on your dashboard
- Select 'Card Settings'
- Tap 'Card Spending Limits'
- Tap the switch next to each setting that you want to turn on
- The switch will turn green and underneath you will see a text box showing the limit amount. Tap on this to edit it.
- When you are finished making your changes tap 'Save' in the top-right corner
Here you will see 5 different spending limits. You can set as many or as few as you like to best suit your family.
- Daily Spending Limit: set the maximum amount that your child can spend in one day. This runs from midnight to midnight and is a cap on the total amount of spending from all sources (in stores, online and ATM withdrawals).
- Weekly Spending Limit: set the maximum amount that your child can spend in one week. This runs from the start of Monday to the end of Sunday. It is not a rolling limit.
- Monthly Spending Limit: set the maximum amount that your child can spend in one month. This runs from the 1st of the month to the last day of the month. It is not a rolling limit.
- ATM Withdrawal Limit: set the maximum amount of cash that you child can withdraw from an ATM in one go. This is a limit for a single transaction, so it is possible that you child could take out the maximum amount, then take out the maximum amount again in a second transaction shortly after. If you also have a daily spending limit set this will limit the amount they can withdraw from an ATM each day.
- Single Transaction Limit: set the maximum amount that your child can spend in one transaction. Again, this doesn't prevent them from making two transactions in a row that add up to more than this amount.
A couple of things to note:
- There are some sense checks on the limits. The weekly limit must be higher than the daily limit, and the monthly limit must be higher than both the daily limit and the weekly limit. You will get a red error message if this isn't the case.
- The ATM withdrawal limit can only be set when ATM spending is enabled in card settings.