What are Goals?
We all have goals we need to save for in life, whether it’s a new pair of trainers or buying our own house.
Our Goals feature is a great way to get kids prepared for this and really thinking about the value of money. Both parents and kids can create goals, but it’s up to kids to allocate their pocket money towards them.
How do I add a Goal?
You or your child can create a goal from their dashboard by clicking on the 'Goals' pot. Once in 'Goals'...
- Click the plus (+) icon to get started
- Enter a 'Goal Name' then click 'Next'
- Use the keypad to enter how much the Goal will cost and click 'Next'
- To make the goal even more exciting, you can upload or take a picture, or find an image on Google to put against the Goal
- Click 'Add Goal' to create the goal and add it to your list
After you've created your first goal, to add a new one, click the plus (+) icon again in the bottom right.
Note: If your child has a Rooster Card then when you approve a Goal, the money is returned to the Parent Account. You can then either make the purchase on their behalf, or you can Boost the money back over to their Spend pot and they can make the purchase themselves with their Rooster Card.
Question: Can I make a change to my goal / delete it after I've created it?
Answer: Yes, just click into the goal, and in the top right corner you'll see an 'Edit' button. From there you can change the Goal name, amount, website link and image. Or you can tap 'Delete Goal' at the bottom to remove it all together.