How to top up your Rooster Card
The Rooster Card holds the money that is in your child’s Spend pot. If you or your child wants to add to this there are a couple of ways to do so, both of these will make the money available instantly.
1. Move money from your child’s other pots to the card (available for parents and children)
If your child has money in some of their other pots you can transfer this to their Rooster Card.
- Tap on the pot on your child’s dashboard that you want to move money out of.
- Tap the blue button in the bottom-right corner, then tap the transfer button.
- Check the arrow is going from your chosen pot to the Spend pot, then enter the amount you want to move.
- Tap the Transfer to Spend button.
2. Move money from your RoosterMoney Parent Account to the card (available for parents)
If you have money in your Parent Account you can transfer this straight to your child’s Spend pot so it is on the card. You can read more about how to add money to the Parent Account here.
- From your dashboard, tap the + button next to your child.
- Enter the amount that you want to transfer and tap Next.
- Check that the Spend pot icon is selected.
- Enter the reason for the transfer, or leave it blank, then tap the Boost button at the bottom.
Question: How can I quickly top up my Rooster Card in an emergency?
Both methods of topping up the Rooster Card make the funds available on the card immediately. Both are great for an emergency.
Question: Can I transfer money from my child’s account back to the parent account?
Yes! You can use the Remove function to move funds from your child’s account back to the parent account. Just tap the minus (-) symbol next to your child on your dashboard and enter the amount to move. This can only be done from the parent account at the moment.